Sunday, September 28, 2008

Exciting Saturday

Yesterday was quite an exciting day. I was outside watching Tommy riding his bike and I noticed that he doesn't use the training wheels. Lauryn has been playing with his bike and so the training wheels were all bent up. He would ride and the training wheels wouldn't touch the ground. So about 10 min before I had to leave to go to the woman's conference I asked Torey to take off the training wheels..he did and then Tommy just got back on his bike and away he went. Like nothing had changed. I couldn't believe it. My girls needed more encouragement when they were learning how to ride a two wheeler. I would love to post a picture of it but I can't find my camera at the moment. But way to go Tommy!!
Next I went to down to the conference center to see the Woman's conference last night, and due to car trouble we ended up staying downtown to get some dinner after the meeting. We went to the Garden, on the top of the Joseph Smith building, and we saw Russell M Nelson. I got a picture of the back of him but it is on my cell phone. I will see if I can get Torey to transfer it. It was pretty exciting. I had a lot of fun hanging out with girls last night. Good times.
I am also very exited that my RS lesson is over with. And I don't have to teach RS in October. So I have two months to prepare for Novembers lesson.

3 comments:

JaNece said...

That Tommy is quite amazing. NO FEAR! Lukas has a lot to learn from him. And he will since they play with each other like 4 hours every day! :) Good job on your lesson, by the way! I love it when you teach.

rachel said...

Richel,
I found the Jeppson's blog and then I found yours. It's been a really long time- do you remember the Benjamins back from Mt. Shadows ward? Our little boy was not quite two when we moved and you only had the two girls then. I can't believe how they've grown. And you have two boys- they are all so cute! This blogging world is fun, isn't it? Anyway, I thought I would say HI :)
Rachel

rachel said...

Isn't is a small world??? We are in the same book club... I can't believe how many people have blogs. It's fun isn't it?